Dog food brand Black Hawk Dog has announced a voluntary recall on a series of its products after to the discovery of mould.
Black Hawk has issued an immediate recall of five puppy and adult dog food varieties after an issue was found with specific batches manufactured last year.
The company released a statement with a list of the affected batches –
- Black Hawk Adult Chicken and Rice Dog Food (3kg, 10kg and 20kg)
- Black Hawk Adult Lamb and Rice Dog Food (3kg, 10kg and 20kg)
- Black Hawk Adult Fish and Potato Dog Food (3kg, 10kg and 20kg)
- Black Hawk Adult Large Breed Chicken and Rice Dog Food (20kg only)
- Black Hawk Puppy Large Breed Chicken and Rice (20kg only)
The products have best before dates that range between February 2, 2021 to May 23, 2021.
Pet owners are being urged to check the best before dates on their dog food, which can be found on the rear of the bag towards the centre.
“If your product matches the disclosed product and best before dates, stop feeding it to your pet immediately,” the statement reads.
“Return the product to your place of purchase, where your retailer will provide you with a replacement bag of food… if product is affected the mould is very obvious to consumers.”