In breaking COVID19 news from the Premier, lockdown will be lifted from 12 Noon today, (Thursday 1st of April) however, some restrictions will remain.
- 10 New Cases.
- 9 cases acquired overseas.
- 1 community transmission, linked to the known clusters.
- 34,711 tests over the past 24-hours.
- 82 active cases in our hospitals.
- 79,504 total people vaccinated in Brisbane.
“We are looking at two pre-conditions before we can lift the lockdown no unlinked community transmission and high testing rates”, said the Premier.
Due to both pre-conditions being met, “Easter is good to go” and lockdown will be lifted from 12 noon, Thursday 1st of April.
Whilst lockdown is lifted, further restrictions have been manded which are the following:
- All Queenslanders required to carry a mask when they leave home.
- Masks will be required inside indoor spaces (eg. shopping centres, workplaces, etc).
- Must be seated for dining and hospitality.
- Gatherings restricted to 30 people at home.
- No dancing at public venues.
- 1 person per 2 square metre rule.
If you have been to any of the locations listed here, you are required to get tested and quarantine until you receive a negative result.