We’re feeling a bit nostalgic for Sunday nights on the beanbag with a cup of hot Milo watching Molly ‘ummmm’ and ‘arrrr’ his way through album reviews and interviews with the hit makers of the day.
Famously being a live show, not everything on Countdown went according to plan!
Here’s some of our favourite moments from an all time classic program, love your work Molly!
1. MOLLY IS ‘TIRED AND EMOTIONAL’ DURING THE 100TH EPISODE
2. A VERY NERVOUS MOLLY WITH PRINCE CHARLES
3. IGGY POP NEARLY LEAPS OFF THE COUNTDOWN STAGE
4. MADONNA TELLS MOLLY TO ‘SHUT UP’
5. MOLLY SHOWS US WHATS UNDER HIS HAT ON THE FINAL EPISODE
6. MOLLY DISCOVERS ABBA
7. ELTON JOHN’S CLASSIC APPEARANCES
8. COLD CHISEL TRASH THE COUNTDOWN AWARDS
9. MOLLY INTERVIEWS A YOUNG MICHAEL JACKSON
10. ROD STEWART GIVES MOLLY A ROUGH TIME