If you speak more than one language fluently you are probably very familiar with the fact that nothing really translates like it should.
It’s impossible to reflect a culture’s idioms and slang in a universal way.
That’s why the phrase “lost in translation” exists.
Just check out what these popular American TV shows are called in other languages:
* In Hungary, Game of Thrones is called Throne Fight
* In Russia, Six Feet Under is called The Customer is Always Dead
* In the Czech Republic, That 70’s Show is called Golden 70’s
* Curb Your Enthusiasm in Sweden translates to Swim Quietly, Larry
* In Slovenia, House is called Doctor’s Conscience
* Lost is called Infernal Paradise in Hungary
* The Russian OC is called Lonely Hearts
* In Serbia Mad Men is called People in Manhattan.
* Breaking Bad translates to In the Shoes of Satan in Bulgaria