4KQ 693AM
Good Times & Great Classic Hits

Now Playing:

Listen on

Qld Teens Burned By Gas Canister Explosion At Campsite

Two teenage boys have been badly burned in north Queensland after an aerosol gas canister exploded when they threw it on a campfire.

The boys, 12 and 13, received extensive burns to their limbs, faces and torsos after the cylinder from the portable camp stove ignited just before 9pm on Tuesday.

They were airlifted to the Townsville Hospital where they remain in a serious condition.

Queensland Ambulance Service officer in charge Paul Bridges said they were "extremely lucky" to be alive.

"Children should always be supervised by adults and certainly don't go throwing things into the fire," he said.


Share this: